When it comes to your musculoskeletal system, you should take any and all injuries seriously. Anytime you are injured, you should be aware but if you have any muscular issues, they need treatment right away. The sooner you are treated, the more likely you are to recover fully and faster. If you are experiencing hip problems it is vital that you come into Sea Spine Orthopedic. Have one of the orthopedic surgeons Jacksonville FL patients rely on determine whether there are any problems and how to treat them. Hip issues can cause serious painful conditions and can affect your everyday life. One potential consequence of serious hip conditions is needing a hip replacement.
How To Avoid Needing A Hip Replacement
Contrary to popular belief, there actually are some easy things people can do to prevent hip problems. Unfortunately, not everyone does them but these simple tips can prevent serious injury:
- Keep your bones strong by eating foods rich in calcium such as yogurt, milk, and cheese. Also eat foods with Vitamin D, like eggs and cereal.
- Exercise! Make sure you stay active. The orthopedic surgeons Jacksonville FL patients trust urge you to take an active role in your health and exercise! It can save you from so many health issues. It is best if you do weight-bearing exercise such as walking, jogging, and dancing. It is recommended that you do one of these activities for about 2 and a half hours a week. Put yourself on a schedule and do a 30-minute workout 5 days a week. The alternative would be to complete 2 and a half hours of exercise for the week in one shot. In addition to these workouts, you should do resistance exercises at least two days a week. Make sure you begin slowly.
- Do not drink a lot; like they say, everything is okay in moderation and that goes for alcohol too. People who drink too much are at a higher risk of developing osteoporosis. Alcohol impairs your senses so it also increases your chance of falling and breaking a bone.
- Stop smoking or do not begin in the first place. This also increases your chances of having osteoporosis and it interferes with your blood supply which affects healing.
Exercises For Your Hip
You want to avoid having a hip replacement at all costs. Some exercises you can do to help your musculoskeletal system include:
- Hamstring stretch- this will stretch the muscles in the back of the thigh.
- Pelvic tilts- this will stretch the lower back
- Hip flexor stretch- this will stretch the muscles in the hip that help the hip work smoothly.
If you feel that you are at risk of needing a hip replacement, contact the orthopedic surgeons Jacksonville FL patients rely on. Call us today at 888-816-7846 or visit our website to find out more information about what we treat http://seaspineortho.com. Make sure you are eating healthy and doing daily exercise to avoid any hip problems.