Sea Spine Orthopedic specializes in issues, diseases, and injuries pertaining to the musculoskeletal system. Many people who experience pain in their muscles, tendons or joints think that the only way they will feel better is by taking medication. Although medication is often given by an Orthopedic Surgeon in Orlando, we at Sea Spine Orthopedic will first try to treat and cure you with a holistic approach.
Not All Cases Require A Surgeon…
You may need to see an Orthopedic if you have trouble moving around, doing daily activities such as carrying groceries or walking up the stairs. If you can’t straighten your back all the way or have signs of swelling, bruising, or inflammation anywhere in the musculoskeletal system, you should consult an Orthopedic Surgeon.
Choose A Highly Experienced Orthopedic Surgeon
Unless you are recommended to an Orthopedic, it’s hard to know which institute to go to. You put a lot of trust into doctors, to give you the right diagnosis and to correctly follow through with treatment or surgery. If you don’t have a recommendation on who to see, it can be a very stressful and uneasy experience looking for an Orthopedic Surgeon in Orlando.
So how do you know which Orthopedic Institute to choose? Here are some tips for choosing the right doctor.
- Compile a list of referrals. Just because you don’t have a family or close friend who can recommend an Orthopedic doesn’t mean you can’t collect referrals. Ask your coworkers, your dentist, people at the gym, anyone you can! Once you have a list, research each Orthopedic doctor. As you go through your list, schedule free consultations with the doctors you’re interested in.
- When you meet with the doctors, notice how well they communicate. When choosing an Orthopedic doctor, you need to be able to understand how they explain procedures, treatments, etc. You also need to feel comfortable talking to your doctor, and things may get personal. Consider gender if you feel more comfortable talking to a male or female.
- Consider the Orthopedic experience. How long have they been in practice? Have they performed a comfortable number of surgeries?
- Make sure you know what your insurance will cover. You must have your insurance information with you when you meet potential doctors. To pay the least out-of-pocket for your care, your Orthopedic doctor must accept your form of insurance and be aware of your plan.
- Read online reviews. Today, you can Google any given establishment and read reviews. What does their online presence look like, and how are their reviews? Are the reviews mainly positive, or are they bad?
- Do you like the office/institute/hospital? If you know you’re going to have surgery, consider how much time you will spend in the hospital. Will you be comfortable there?
Choosing the right Orthopedic Surgeon in Orlando can be a difficult task, but going through the precautionary steps is worth it. At Sea Spine Orthopedic, you can rest assured knowing that you are in good hands that are dedicated to providing quality treatment with a personalized touch. Contact us today!